The easiest and healthiest cookies in the world
I love cookies. Who doesn’t?
For those moments when you just want a super quick cookie with wholesome ingredients, easy and healthy to not regret anything, give the oat banana cookies a try! Believe me! They are super easy and have helped me out when Josh wants a treat!! (I gave him these ones while learning new ways to make the donuts) They are naturally sweetened with banana, healthy enough to enjoy as breakfast or snack!
- 3 very ripe medium bananas
- 5 cups oats (You can find gluten-free oats if you are a celiac)
- Optional if you want more flavor * A small handful raisins, nuts, chocolate chips or cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 400 (F) (204 C).
- Peel and mash the bananas (or blend) and oats together in a large mixing bowl. The end result should be about the same consistency of normal cookie dough. (If it’s too dry add more bananas, if it’s too dry add more oats).
- You can keep the banana and oat mixture as – is, or add extra flavor by mixing a small handful of raisins (or any flavor you want: cinnamon, nuts, chocolate chips).
- Align some parchment paper on a baking tray (It’s not the end of the world if you don’t have it, neither did I in the pictures, oops!). Split the dough evenly, roll them into a ball, then flatten them. Or, you may just want to shape them into whatever you want! Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes.
I based these cookies on this recipe Divine Healthy Food. It’s a brilliant snack and literally takes like 15 minutes to make and fills a hungry husband. 😉