30 Biblical Affirmations Of Who God Says I Am
“What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.”AW Tozer
Discover 33 Biblical affirmations of who God says you are in this powerful blog. Learn how to combat negative self-talk and see yourself as God does, through the truth and power of His Word. Affirmations based on scripture can change your life and help you rest in the unconditional love of a good God who knows and cares for you.
What you say is important, what you speak to yourself is critical. It flows from your identity and who you believe you are.
When your identity is rooted and planted in God and who He says you are, you can rest in the unconditional love of a good God who cares for you and knows you.
The Bible is full of verses that speak of God’s heart for humanity. We see it time and time again in His relentless pursuit of us despite our weaknesses, our failures, our mistakes and our sin.
God leaves the 99 and comes after us, the 1 that got away.
This blog is for the scoundrels, the scallywags, the miscreants, the sinners, the fallen, the shamed, the good, the bad, and the saints, it’s for us all.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are statements you speak out, repeat and declare so that what you hear goes from your head to your heart and you believe.
Our words carry immense power and weight. The scriptures say that life and death are in the power of the tongue.
We, therefore, want to be speaking life over ourselves, our families, our bodies, our finances and our health.
Biblical affirmations marry the power and truth of scripture with the practice of declaring it and hearing it. Romans 10:17. So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
I’m sure you’ve done it too. You make a mistake and suddenly out of your mouth comes words attacking yourself, telling yourself how silly you are (or words to that effect).
The compounding interest in negative self-talk is catastrophic. We begin to believe it as we constantly affirm that over ourselves.
We see ourselves as worthless, failures, incapable and stupid.
When it’s just not true.
This is where the bible tells us to take our thoughts captive.
Our mind is a battleground with thousands of thoughts and pieces of information flying through it every day.
When we take our thoughts captive, meditate on scripture and speak it over ourselves to affirm who God says we are, it’s like we wipe away the dirty dusty mirror and begin to see ourselves truly as God does.
Biblical affirmations are game changers. So let’s cut the negative self-talk and replace it with Who God Says I Am.
30 Biblical Affirmations Of Who God Says I Am
- “I am a child of God. I am a part of His family. As He is, so am I in this world.” – 1 John 4:17
- “I am loved by God. His love for me is unconditional and never-ending.” – Romans 8:38-39
- “I am accepted and approved by God. He has chosen me and made me holy.” – Ephesians 1:6
- “I am redeemed and forgiven by God. He has paid the price for my sin and set me free.” – Colossians 1:14
- “I am a new creation in Christ. The old has passed away, and the new has come.” – 2 Corinthians 5:17
- “I am an heir of God and a co-heir with Christ. I have an inheritance in Him.” – Romans 8:17
- “I am a beloved bride of Christ. He loves me and will always be faithful to me.” – Ephesians 5:25-27
- “I am a branch of the true vine, Jesus Christ. I am connected to Him and bear fruit through Him.” – John 15:5
- “I am a warrior, equipped and empowered by God to fight and win battles.” – Ephesians 6:10-18
- “I am a witness of Jesus Christ, called to testify to His love and grace.” – Acts 1:8
- “I am a light in the world, shining for Jesus and pointing others to Him.” – Matthew 5:14
- “I am a servant of Jesus Christ, called to serve Him and others in love.” – Matthew 20:28
- “I am a good steward of God’s gifts and resources, responsible to use them for His glory.” – 1 Peter 4:10
- “I am a workmanship of God, created for good works that He has prepared for me.” – Ephesians 2:10
- “I am a temple of the Holy Spirit, indwelt by Him and set apart for His use.” – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- “I am beautiful and known, made in His image and knitted together by Him in my mother’s womb.” – Psalm 139: 13-14
- “I am a friend of Jesus, loved and favored by Him.” – John 15:15
- “I am a son/daughter of the Most High God, adopted into His family and given His name.” – Galatians 4:5-7
- “I am an ambassador for Christ, representing Him and His kingdom on earth.” – 2 Corinthians 5:20
- “I am a citizen of heaven, belonging to the kingdom of God and living for His glory.” – Philippians 3:20
- “I am a tree planted by the water, constantly being refreshed and nourished by God’s presence.” – Psalm 1:3
- “I am a radiant bride, dressed in the righteousness of Christ and shining with His glory.” – Isaiah 61:10
- “I am chosen by God, set apart for His purposes and called according to His plan.” – Ephesians 1:11
- “I am victorious in Christ, overcoming all obstacles and challenges through His strength.” – Romans 8:37
- “I am a shining light in a dark world, reflecting the glory of God and shining His love to those around me.” – Philippians 2:15
- “I am a branch of the true vine, connected to Jesus and bearing fruit through His life within me.” – John 15:5
- “I am a holy and righteous person, made right with God through the blood of Jesus.” – 2 Corinthians 5:21
- “I am God’s child, loved and accepted by Him just as I am.” – Romans 8:15-16
- “I am a dwelling place for the Holy Spirit, indwelt by Him and transformed by His presence.” – Ephesians 3:16-17
- “I am a soldier of the cross, fighting the good fight of faith and standing firm in the strength of Christ.” – 2 Timothy 4:7